My teenagers are now hooked on surfing. It was the first time for all of us and our instructor, Jack, was fantastic! He broke down the skills, we practiced the skills on the beach, and then hit the waves! We had so much fun that we went back to rent equipment for the rest of the day and the next day. Great service, friendly staff, and they helped made it a memorable vacation for all of us! ~
Had Gavin and Adam as our excellent and positive instructors for a group of 9 first timers. They went over safety concerns, surfer etiquette, emergency procedures, as well as surfing steps and instructions and lots of energy. Would come back for these guys next time!!! ~
It was my first time surfing and I am so lucky to have Allan from Pacific Surf School as my teacher! It's not easy falling again and again, but his enthusiasm and support helped my to surf my first wave quickly! I also really appreciated learning the fundamentals of the type of waves we would surf and setting of the water/shore line to keep us safe. It was an all around positive learning environment and fun fun fun! Will be going again next year! ~
My wife and I took out first surf lesson ever yesterday and had a blast! Or instructor was Jill and she was amazing! The instruction was thorough, and informative. Safety was explained to a point where we would feel comfortable going alone next time. Would recommend to anyone who wants to learn how to surf. Visited October 2016 ~
My Daughter and I tried cold water surfing (-2 degrees)! I was petrified of freezing - turn out it was a great workout and a ton of fun! Our Instructor Adam was fantastic - so patient and encouraging and his love of the sport and people really made him a pleasure to learn from. This company was very accommodating to our time-frame and we felt we got lots of individualised instruction! ~
Things to do in Tofino
Although we would love to have you believe that surfing is the only thing to do on the West Coast the truth is there is an abundance of outdoor activities to do during your stay. Here are our top recommendations for things to do when you're done surfing:
- Ocean Outfitters for all your whale watching, bear watching, hot springs tours and boat access hikes.
- If fishing is more your thing we recommend Clayoquot Ventures , Cleanline Sport Fishing OR Tofino Fish Guides.
- Tofino Sea Kayaking offers a large variety of kayak tours for all ages and abilities.
- For a unique perspective of our coastal rain forest try a zip line tour with West Coast Wild.
- For information on hiking and walking trails, all of our beautiful beaches or any other info you may need on Tofino and the surrounding area check out Toursim Tofino or Tofino Guide.
After all your trekking and exploring don't forget to pamper and re-fuel your self!
- Relax and unwind with a massage from Sacred Stone Spa.
- For a dining experience that is not to be missed be sure to stop in at Shelter Restaurant and enjoy some delicious fare.
- For those of you over 19 years old a visit to Tofino is not complete with out stopping in at Tofino Brewing Company for a taste-test and a quick tour of the brewery!