We had a surf lesson with Josh as part of a family (kids aged 8 and 9) trip to BC. This is the second time we have done this on trips 2 years apart. We had a fantastic experience both times. This time Josh was brilliant with the kids. He gave us adults good advice whilst all the time getting the kids up on the board. Pacific Surf is very professional in all aspects. Organised, friendly and top notch. The photos that their photographer took are also incredible. We wouldn’t look anywhere else when surfing in Tofino. ~
Our instructor Adam, is very experienced and brings a lot of passion and patience to his instruction. He focused on the fundamentals, providing a great overview of the basics and emphasizing safety while in the water. Overall, it was an amazing few hours in the Chesterman surf. We will definitely be back for another lesson, and will recommend the Pacific Surf Company to others. ~
My wife and son and I joined the group lesson (10 students in the group). The lesson was at Cox beach, nice and big beach with tons of space and extremely good waves for beginners. Our instructors were very funny but also very good at teaching how to surf. It's really worth it! The gear was quite new, and even though it was October it was totally warm and comfortable the entire lesson. ~
My wife and I took out first surf lesson ever yesterday and had a blast! Or instructor was Jill and she was amazing! The instruction was thorough, and informative. Safety was explained to a point where we would feel comfortable going alone next time. Would recommend to anyone who wants to learn how to surf. ~
Signed my kids (15 and 14) up for surf lessons here and within an hour they were up and at it. Great staff at this school. All the instructors were engaged and focused on making this a great experience for everyone in the classes. ~
Things to do in Tofino
Although we would love to have you believe that surfing is the only thing to do on the West Coast the truth is there is an abundance of outdoor activities to do during your stay. Here are our top recommendations for things to do when you're done surfing:
- Ocean Outfitters for all your whale watching, bear watching, hot springs tours and boat access hikes.
- If fishing is more your thing we recommend Clayoquot Ventures , Cleanline Sport Fishing OR Tofino Fish Guides.
- Tofino Sea Kayaking offers a large variety of kayak tours for all ages and abilities.
- For a unique perspective of our coastal rain forest try a zip line tour with West Coast Wild.
- For information on hiking and walking trails, all of our beautiful beaches or any other info you may need on Tofino and the surrounding area check out Toursim Tofino or Tofino Guide.
After all your trekking and exploring don't forget to pamper and re-fuel your self!
- Relax and unwind with a massage from Sacred Stone Spa.
- For a dining experience that is not to be missed be sure to stop in at Shelter Restaurant and enjoy some delicious fare.
- For those of you over 19 years old a visit to Tofino is not complete with out stopping in at Tofino Brewing Company for a taste-test and a quick tour of the brewery!